I love canning jars and chalkboards so much I created a pattern.
Lucky for you my obsession is your gain.
This versatile pattern is free just for stopping by The Texas Homemaker.
Click here for your free canning jar chalkboard pattern (plus your free bonus gift)
Instructions for a wooden chalkboard:
- Print out the 4 page pattern (single sided)
- Layout and tape the pages together until you get the size you want
- Trace the pattern out on 1/4″ – 1/2″ MDF board
- Cut with a scroll saw
- Sand the edges (I used a dremel)
- Paint the edge and “jar” part of the canning jar with several coats of chalkboard paint
- Paint the top (“the lid”) of the canning jar with serveral coats of your favorite color acrylic paint
- paint in silver to match the canning rings
- or paint to match your kitchen, school room or office decor
- or gently sand the lid color to give a distressed look
- Use ribbon, material, thread, twine, burlap or any other fabric to cover where the two paint surfaces come together
- Add a frame hanger to the back (here’s what I used) *Affiliate link
Bonus Pattern … gift idea:
- Print the canning jar gift tags for all types of gifts
- Print the gift tags for canning jar labels
- Print on scrapbook cardstock and create cards or scrapbook paper piecing
- Print on regular paper, cut out and use as an aplique sewing pattern
Don’t forget to share pictures in our Facebook community
Tweet us @TheTxHomemaker and use hashtag #tthinthekitchen or #tthlookwhatImade
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe and never miss an update.