Today’s project easy and cute.
A hint of rustic & shabby chic. (if you paint the base white)
- How cute will this look on the front door?
- Do you have a B&B? How sweet would a customized sign look on each room door?
When I say this project is easy. I mean E.A.S.Y.
Simple enough to get the kids involved (they can do the painting)...and if you’re lucky enough to have a scout in the house, they’ll know the perfect knot to tie
You probably have all the supplies right at home, so don’t forget to shop at home first (and save a few bucks) That makes it even better!
Y’all know how much I love a canning jar.
Today I turned it into a vase. (or is it a candle holder?)…You decide and tweet me a picture of your decision. Don’t forget to use hashtag #tthlookwhatImade
- canning jar (I used the 6 oz size, but 4 oz or even the 8 oz wide mouth. Any of them will make it cute)
- rope….what ever you have
about 3x the length of the board you chose
- (2) eye hooks
- paint whatever type and color you have on hand (I used acrylic paint)
- dryer vent clamps (They look like this) or other hardware C-clamp
just make sure the size you select fits snug and firm around the jar
- pallet, fence post, barnwood or wood scraps … remember to shop at home, use what you have!
You determine the size(I even tried to convince my husband to let me replace one of the fence boards (all nice and weathered)…You mean you never wanted to do that?
Cut the board to size and sand both sides and edges
- Pre-drill a small hole and install the eyehooks
- Attach rope and tie a secure knot on both eye hooks
- Choose your words and paint them on the wood
- You can use a stencil or a stamp
- I used chalk to write my words – easy to remove if you don’t like what you wrote
- Paint over the chalk words
- Once the paint has dried; wipe the chalk away with a damp cloth
- Attach the c-clamp with a screw
make sure the screw doesn’t stick out the back
When your all finished, slide the canning jar into the clamp and add some flowers.
- Instead of flowers, add sand and a candle…turn it into a lantern
***never leave a candle unattended***
- Use any words that you want…here are some ideas to get you started:
- Home Sweet Home
- Home Texas Home (if you live in or just love Texas)
- Welcome Y’all
- Kick up Your Heels
- Happy Home
- Our Home
- Sit a Spell
- Friends Welcome
So I’m off to get some flowers to add to my cute canning jar vase. I love the teal color and the way it turned out.
If you love this project don’t forget to share this link with your friends.
Oh and if your always looking for a note card, birthday, sympathy or thank you card…
you won’t want to miss my brand new ebook! I’ts FREE!
Want my NEW inspirational cards ebook? (I made it just for you!)
Just click on the Heck Yeah! button and get it FREE!
You’ll be one of the first to receive it…
hot off the virtual presses!
I’m just about finished with it, so I’ll send it as soon as I’m done!