This is a family favorite…and a great mom sneak exchange.
It’s better then the bottled version or the chemical laden packets and super healthy because it’s made with yogurt.
Wait, don’t leave yet.
I promise it’s worth sticking around for!
Let me tell you how I know. My husband and I went camping with family friends. A single dad with 3 typical tom-boy, teenage, picky eating, only will eat out of a box type eaters. When I say they are picky eaters their food group consists of sodas, chips, hamburgers and about 5 gallons of milk a week (no I am not exaggerating). I am not picking on them when I say this, just trying to describe the audience I had at the picnic table.
Why am I telling you this?
I am telling you this story because I brought this dip with us. I added jalapenos to spice it up and they had no clue. None. No idea they were eating a healthy dip made with organic Greek yogurt, organic dehydrated seasonings and a lot of love.
Does that make you want to try it? Ok.. keep reading, for you die hard, never going to eat yogurt EVAH. Never ever. Here’s my little secret: You can swap out the yogurt for mayonnaise. Not as healthy as if it was just yogurt but it’s about baby steps. When you control the quality of ingredients it makes a difference. When start to eat better you can actually taste the difference.
I dare you to replace 1/2 the mayo with yogurt and see if you like it…
Slowly replace small amounts of the mayo with yogurt until the entire recipe is made with yogurt.
Ranch Dressing Dry Seasoning Mix:
Ingredients (free printable 3×5 recipe card and label)
Yield: approx ½ cup dry mix
- 2 T parsley
- 1 ½ tsp dill
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp onion powder or onion flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chives
- 2 tsp dehydrated sweet bell peppers (red, yellow and orange)
- 2 tsp dehydrated mushroom
- 1 tsp dehydrated spinach
- 1 tsp dehydrated kale
Add all of the ingredients into a coffee grinder or food processor. Grind to desired consistency.
Ranch Salad Dressing:
- ½ cup organic sour cream
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt or homemade mayonnaise
- ½ – 1/3 cup raw or milk, organic heavy cream or whey (add amount based on desired consistency)
- 1 ½ – 2 tbsp dry homemade ranch dressing season mix
Mix well and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Flavors will blend if left to chill for several hours.
Ranch Dressing as a Dip:
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 1/2 cup organic Greek yogurt or homemade mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp raw milk, organic heavy cream or whey (add amount based on desired consistency)
You won’t add as much as you do for the ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp dry homemade ranch dressing season mix
Mix well and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Flavors will blend if left to chill for several hours. The dip is thicker, in consistency, then the salad dressing.
Creative ways to use the ranch dressing or dip:
- replace milk or buttermilk in your favorite fried chicken recipe. Dip raw chicken in the salad dressing, then coat with your favorite breading mix. (Discard any left over salad dressing that came in contact with raw chicken)
- dip hot wings
- or dip pizza
- Add 1/8 – 1/4 cup of chopped jalapenos to increase the heat and spice up the ranch mixture
- use as salad dressing
- dip any kind of chip…my favorite is tortilla chips
- Add a dollop of pico de gallo to the jalapeno ranch dip, stir and enjoy
Do you have any other ideas how to use the ranch dressing? I thought of one more. Why not add a couple tablespoons of the dry mix to meatloaf? I haven’t tried it, but I am thinking it could be the new “secret ingredient” in your meatloaf recipe.
For anyone in Texas familiar with Chuy’s restaurant … when you add the jalapenos it’s almost as good as their creamy jalapeno dip. And who doesn’t love creamy jalapeno dip?
Don’t forget to share pictures of your finished project in our Facebook community
Tweet us @TheTxHomemaker and use hashtag #tthinthekitchen or #tthlookwhatImade
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe and never miss an update.