Do you want to know how to make no peel peach shortcake… like a master chef?
Well you’re in luck today…Here is another family favorite that I am happy to share with you.
Peach shortcake is super easy to pull together and is a great opportunity to get the kids involved. I hope it becomes a family favorite at your home.
This is not going to be your figure friendly, super healthy recipe; but it’s made with whole, real food (and organic when you can find the ingredients.)
Celebrate your next special occasion with this shortcake recipe. It’s so good. It tastes more like peach cobbler.
And, if you don’t love peaches or you have fresh fruit that you need “to use up” – this is the recipe for you; just swap out the fruit for whatever you have on hand.
I’ve made this recipe with peaches, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and even mixed berries. And all of them turned out so good. So far, I think my favorite is the shortcake made with blueberries.
No Peel Peach Shortcake
Shortcake Batter Mix:
- Enough fresh fruit to fill a 9″x 13″ pan
- 1 stick of melted butter (not margarine)
- 1/2 cup organic pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose organic flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla (try my homemade recipe)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 350○
- Slice enough fruit to fill a 9” x 13” baking pan. If you are using peaches, there is no need to peel the peaches
- Add Shortcake Batter mix ingredients into a bowl and whisk until it’s the consistency of cake batter. It will be a little thick, but not gloppy
- Pour mix over the fruit (picture above shows the shortcake recipe made 1/2 with blueberries, 1/2 with peaches)
- Reuse the shortcake batter mixing bowl; add 1 cup sugar and ½ cup water to create a simple syrup
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved
- Pour over and cover the shortcake batter and fruit
- Place oven safe dish on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet
- Bake for 1 hour at 350○ until the shortcake batter is light brown color
- Serve warm with whip cream or ice cream
How did your family like the shortcake?