Do you love family BBQs, church picnics and gatherings?
Are you interested in a new fail-safe salad recipe your family and friends will rave about? Yes!Rave about.
This is a family recipe my husband “brought into our marriage”. We love to make this salad in the summer because the hot Texas heat is not mayonnaise friendly.
Why you will love this Marinated Cucumber Salad:
- Mayonnaise Free; great for hot weather BBQs or for your friends who don’t like mayo
- Easy! Super. Easy. To Make.
- Your friends will ask for the recipe
- Can be double or tripled for large crowds, family reunions, or church gatherings
- And…you probably already have all the ingredients as staples in your kitchen
Traditionally the cucumber marinade is served on top of leaf lettuce. We just enjoy the cucumber salad by itself.
Marinated Cucumber Salad
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced; any variety
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
Add all sliced veggies to:
- 1 cup white or red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil, avocado oil or walnut oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Slice vegetables with food processor or mandolin
- Add all liquid dressing ingredients into a refrigerator safe bowl with a lid (or a sealable plastic bag; remove air before sealing)
- Add sliced vegetables to liquid ingredients and mix well
- Chill for 8 – 10 hours, mix or stir every few hours to keep veggies covered
- Drain and serve over leave lettuce
- Serve Chilled
Cucumber salad tastes great as a side salad without the lettuce. A great alternative for a picnicking in the heat because this salad is a mayonnaise free.
Serving a large crowd, this tasty recipe can be doubled or tripled.
I can’t wait to hear how much your family and friends love this easy Marinated Cucumber Salad.