Did you forget Mother’s Day? Make mom a gift in less than 2 hours with your free pattern!
Mother’s Day just snuck on me this year. Did it surprise you too?
What you need:
- fabric or paper scraps
- for sewing: a cotton tea towel (or large napkin)
- for cardmaking: blank card
- a button
- crosstitch thread
- about 2 hours of time
- There is no seam allowance specified in the individual pattern pieces
- add 1/4″ all the way around the pieces
- fold under and iron
- For actual size:
- print page 3 and 4 at 100%
- Page 3: the grey dotted line is for placement and alignment
- Page 4: cut the individual pieces based on quantity listed
- Page 5 describes the specific order to layer your pieces
- Use the color coded pieces and refer back to page 3 for placement
- Measures approx. 3 ½” x 6 ½”
This project is pretty versatile, you can use fabric and applique to a tea towel (or large napkin).
I used the sewing machine, but if you don’t have a machine, hand stitch using a blanket stitch to hold everything in place.
For card makers or scrapbookers paper piece into a beautiful card. (If your mom is an avid RV-er, what a fun card)
I had fun designing the pattern and hope you enjoy making this project.
I can’t wait to see how your projects turned out.
Use the social media buttons and share on Pinterest, on Instagram, or twitter.
For all the moms out there, I wish you a Happy Mother’s Day. May you be blessed to be surrounded by the ones you love.
Don’t forget to share pictures in our Facebook community
Tweet us @TheTxHomemaker and use hashtag #tthinthecraftroom or #tthlookwhatImade
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe and never miss an update.